Tuesday 6 October 2015

Autumn Favourites

So with the weather all cold and rainy outside for the past few days, I have finally had to accept that summer is offically over :(. This gives me the perfect opportunity to share with you my top 5 Autumn favourites for 2015; Although the weather outside is a bit rubbish, I actually do enjoy this time of the year, time to bring out your boots, layering your outfit with big warm jackets, scarfs and hats. It's all about being comfy and cosy, who doesn't love that?

1. Deeper Lip Colours
One of my favourite things about Autumn are all the rich colours that come out around this time of the year. It is definitely the time of the year to change up your usual lipstick colour to something deeper and slightly plummier. If you're worried about the maintenance of a bolder lip choice, try a liquid lipstick or a lip stain. They last all day, even if your eating and drinking! They are also a great choice if you don't want to fuss around with lipliners.

My favourite liquid lipstick formula is hands down the ones by Anastasia Beverly Hills. The formula is creamy, pigmented and super smooth upon application and it doesn't dry out the lips like a lot of the other formulas I've tried from other brands.

I was lucky enough to be sent a majority of their  liquid lipstick line and was blown away by the vast colour choices they offer, especially if you love orange/coral lips, I think they pretty much have every single shade of orange across their entire lip range! If your a makeup artist you can also apply for their MUA pro discount for 40% off.
Some of my favourite colours to look out for are Heathers, Veronica, Sarafine, Dusty Rose and Trust Issues (as seen in the picture)

2. Scarfs and Ponchos



Scarves, they are my number one fashion staple during Autumn and Winter. I love how much variety you can get, chunky, round, thin, plain, patterns - you can also get them at any price point depending on your budget. Not only are they practical in keeping you warm, they also dress up any casual outfit. I love the really chunky blanket type scarfs for plane journeys!













3. Boots


Every year around this time I am on the hunt for the perfect pair of winter boots. I love black boots that cuts of just slightly below the knee, with small gold hardware to jazz it up a bit. I also love ankle boots like the famous Chelsea boot, it's a perfect way to stay comfy but still look smart/casual. I'm not going to lie, I love a cheeky Ugg boot too for the quick pop out to run your errands.













4. Wooly Hats


I use to think I didn't have the right headshape/ears to be able to wear hats. What I've come to realise is there is a hat out there for everyone, what suit's your friend might not suit you - you just need to try them on. If you have a bigger head (like me lol) it's best to go for the floppier wool hats, they tend to flatter my head shape more, and you can leave some bits of your hair out at the front to frame your face. They are a good way to hide a bad hair day, or if you're on 3rd day hair but still want to look cute!













5. Dark Nail Varnishes

This time of the year is my absolute favourite for painting my nails. I am in love with the deeper, richer tones, especially with a glittery topcoat!

My favourite nail polishes hands down are from Barry M. They are so on trend with nail colours and I especially love the Gelly formulas, they are super affordable, and usually on offer in Boots.
 2 coats and a layer of your favourite top coat (mine is Sechevite) your good to go.

(Image is by www.Nail-Lacquer.co.uk)





So those are my top favourite things of the season, comment below and tell me any of your Autumn favs! <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14449645/?claim=cw56hwasnqw">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Follow me on Instagram for daily pictures,

- Thuy x

No comments:

Post a Comment